Thursday, October 25, 2012

Photos from the Ashkenazi ARI Synagogue in Zfat

B"H

After publishing a short video from the inside of the Ashkenazi ARI Synagogue in Zfat, here are also a few photos. 





The Sefirot



The Synagogue from the outside. Someone asked if the Mezuza is still missing. The truth is that I didn't pay attention when I walked in and my photos don't really show anything. Nevertheless, I will go again next week and check out whether there is a Mezuza.



The Ashkenazi ARI Synagogue from the inside.

As a matter of fact, almost every famous Synagogue in the old city of Zfat has a guard sitting at the entrance. Usually an elderly Chassid who is watching the guests. It is up to him who can come in. However, when leaving, he expects a donation. 

I gave quite a donation to the ARI Synagogue and when I went further down to the Abuhav Synagogue a little later, the same old Chassid was sitting there then. I admit that I didn't want to give another high amount of money and decided not to go inside the Abuhav Synagogue this time but next week. 

I recommend you to arrange some Shekel coins in advance. I forgot doing so and after donating once, I didn't feel like handing out any further bills.:-)







The outer yard.

Photos: Miriam Woelke

No comments:

Post a Comment