Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Photos: "Mea Shearim after Rosh Hashana"

B"H

So, how was my Rosh Hashana ? Awful, as I had caught a flue virus. It all started a day before Rosh Hashana. Suddenly I felt a pain in my throat and then fever and a cough came along. Now I am still coughing and sneezing all the time but my condition is improving. At least, the fever seems to be gone.

I was staying at home and hardly did anything but rest. Now am trying to concentrate on Yom Kippur and to overcome my demand for medication and tissues.:-)

I had something to do in Mea Shearim this morning and took a few photos on the way. Here is the result:



Kapparot Announcement



It seems as if the Sukkah building is starting earlier every year. I remember that more than 13 years ago, most Jerusalemites (incl. Haredim) started building their Sukkah on Mozzae'i Yom Kippur. This year, however, plenty of Sukkot are almost finished. Not only in Mea Shearim but also in secular parts of town.



Sukkah in Yoel Street (Mea Shearim)



Kikar Supnik and Dushinsky building a gigantic Sukkah





Balcony Sukkah in Mea Shearim Street / Jerusalem



Chassidut Gur (Ger) seemed to have had a wild Rosh Hashana Se'udah and apparently dumped all the trash on the pavement across their Beit Midrash in Ge'ulah.



The Sukkah of Chassidut Gur in Sefat Emet Street

Photos: Miriam Woelke

No comments:

Post a Comment