Thursday, June 14, 2012

Shabbat is right ahead


Jaffa Road in Downtown Jerusalem this evening. There are no barriers around the tracks of the towns tram and people just pass without always paying too much attention. Despite several traffic lights.

Photo: Miriam Woelke

B"H 

A burning hot day is coming to an end and I am glad that the sun has finally disappeard. Now the famous Jerusalem "cool summer breeze" is coming out and its nice to walk around outside. 

For those sending me comments: I haven't been able to publish them, as Blogger seems to have problems. However, I will publish them as soon as Blogger is functioning properly. 

To the person commenting on Chassidut Gur and how the group gained its wealth: What you wrote is true and there were quite a few Gerrer Chassidim settling in Israel in the 1920s. At the moment, I am reading the book "THE REBBE" (on Chassidut Chabad - Lubavitch) and even there, the two authors mention that Gur already had a functioning community in Israel during World War II. Chabad, on the other hand, had nothing due to the Rebbe's anti - Zionism (Rebbe Yoseph Yitzchak Schneersohn) policy. 

Quite a few readers sent me e - mails asking about the involvement of Chabad in Beit El and I haven't been able to answer. I was actually planning to go to Beit El this week but, in the end, it didn't work out, as I simply didn't find the time. Next week I am planning to go to two further events: A German organization located in Jerusalem invited me to an event where also Jerusalem's Mayor Nir Barkat is going to participate. Secondly, I am going to Kever Rachel on Wednesday. I have never been to the Kever and will look around, take plenty of pictures and speak to the Jews around the Kever.
 
Now I will put a few words about this week's Parasha together and then enjoy the cool summer breeze !

No comments:

Post a Comment