Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chabad House near Shenkin Street / Tel Aviv


I am not a member of Chassidut Chabad but some readers may get the impression that I am associated with the group. The answer is that I am not at all. There are many things I like in Chabad and, referring to my own private background, it was Chabad having me introduced to Chassidism. Nevertheless, there are many Chabad issues I criticise. As I write quite a lot about Chabad matters, I would just like to make a point regarding my ideology.

However, here are two photos from the newly renovated Chabad House right in the center of Tel Aviv secularism. Location: Near the famous Shenkin Street.
I do go to this Synagogue from time to time but must say that I miss a lot. Maybe I sound spoilt but I know Chabad as very active. This Synagogue, on the other hand, doesn't offer too many activities. not even a small Kiddush. Just nothing. After the service, everyone leaves quietly and goes home.


Photos: Miriam Woelke

2 comments:

  1. HALLO MIRIAM
    DIESE SOGENANNTE CHABAD SYNAGOGE WIE DU ES NENNST IST IN WIRKLICHKEIT EINE NEU RENOVIERTE ALTE GEORGISCHE SYNAGOGE NUR DAS PROBLEM IST DAS ES IN DER HAND DER CHABADNIKIM IST UND ES WURDE VON
    HERR MIRILASCHVILI RENOVIERT UND HAT AUCH NEUE THORAROLLEN GESPENDET
    ALSO ICH BITTE UM RICHTIG STELLUNG DIESE SYNAGOGE WAR BIS JETZT IN GEORGISCH JUEDISCHER HAND BIST DIE SEHR GEEHRTEN "CHABBADNIKIM ES UEBERNOMMEN HABEN" IST INTERESSANT DAS SIE DARUBEER NIX SAGEN
    ABER KANNST ES JA SELBER UEBERPRUEFEN
    SCHOENE GRUESSE ISSAK/YITZCHAK(DER GEORGISCHE WIENER)

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    I know that the old synagogue building used to be a different synagogue and not Chabad. Nevertheless, Chabad took over the building a few years ago. At least three years ago or so. They invested lots of money, as the old building was run down. As far as I have heard, the old synagogue gave up because their community somehow died out.

    ReplyDelete