Sunday, September 19, 2010

No Simchat Beit HaShoeva in Mea Shearim ?


B"H

Haredi Internet sites are reporting about an agreement between Mea Shearim's Sikarikim ( crazy fundamentalist) and certain chassidic groups. There are "rumours" or "true reports" that some chassidic groups have canceled their Simchat Beit HaShoeva celebrations because their youth would fall into misbehaviour. Only women of the Toldot Aharon and Breslov are allowed into their Synagogues during Sukkot. Chassidut Toldot Avraham Yitzchak canceled its Simchat Beit HaShoeva and "only" celebrates a new Torah scroll. In other words "Only Men are allowed in".
The Toldot Aharon are even handing out entrance tickets to their members.
Meaning: I cannot dress up as a TA woman in order to get in ! :-))))

What is happening with Mea Shearim ? Does even the Toldot Aharon Rebbe let the Sikarikim dictate everything ?

Anyway, I will try my best to walk through Mea Shearim, make some photos and see if the "Modesty Bridge" from the Toldot Aharon is around again ! If anyone throws me out, so I am kicked out. What can I do ? :-))))

No comments:

Post a Comment