Sunday, September 19, 2010

The grave of Rabbi Me'ir Ba'al HaNess

B"H

Last Thursday, I went to three Zaddikim (righteous) grave in Tiberias (northern Israel). Here are some photos from the grave of Rabbi Me'ir Ba'al HaNess.
Within the next few days I will put the photos from the Rambam grave as well as from the grave of Rachel (wife of Rabbi Akivah) into the blog. Furthermore, plenty of photos from the Safed cemetery are following as well !

I must say that my "Zaddikim Grave Trip" inspired me very much. Rabbi Me'ir's grave is always crowded. Mainly with Sephardi families. His grave is located a little outside Tiberias but I still walked all the way along the Kinneret (Sea of Galilee).




One of the entrances to the grave.
Here some families ate and souvenir shops are all over the place.










A MUST before entering the gravesite:
Wearing modest clothes and Cohanim are not allowed to enter !




Eliyahu HaNavi's (?) chair with yellow "Free Gilad Shalit" ribbon.





"Ezrat Nashim - Women's side" at the grave.











The men's side




Outside the grave

Photos: Miriam Woelke

No comments:

Post a Comment