Monday, August 16, 2010

Run to Uman



B"H

Thousands of Breslover Chassidim are traveling to Uman (Ukraine) for Rosh HaShana.


Photo: Kikar Shabbat


The most popular trip over Rosh HaShana is not Turkey or Europe but at least 18,000 Breslover Chassidim will make their way to the grave of Rabbi Nachman in Uman. There are days when 50 flights are leaving Ben Gurion to Uman !

Last Shabbat I met a woman who has been to Uman in order to participate in the events there. Before his death, Rabbi Nachman told his followers mto come to his grave every Rosh HaShana.

However, I asked the woman what women do in Uman and she told me that the only thing women can do is standing somewhere behind a window and watch the men.
Sounds interesting.:-) Nevertheless, I heard that the wives of the Breslover celebrate together in Meron. The men in Uman and women in Meron.

I will spend the high holidays in Safed.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment