Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Why I write about Chassidut ?

B"H

Yesterday I had a discussion with an academic artist. A woman who studied art, has a degree and collects any books on art or travels the world in order to see art collections / exhibitions.

I told her that I write about the haredi world, Judaism and, in particular, about Chassidut.

Why, she asked ?

Because I am searching for myself. I once joined chassidic society and failed due to too much pressure I put upon myself. Now I am looking for the reason why I failed, try to fix something and maybe find a way back. This is why I write.

Don't we just all study a certain subject in order to find ourselves, she asked. I, for instance, do find myself in art and this is why I am obsessed with the subject. Each of us has his own way to find himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment