Friday, April 30, 2010

Shabbat Shalom

B"H

Thousands of Jew are gathering in Meron for Lag Ba'Omer. I didn't make it but promised myself doing so next year. In about two weeks, I am traveling to the north in order to visit some Kivrei Zaddikim such as the Rambam in Tiberias, Rabbi Me'ir Ba'al HaNes, Rabbi Akivah, Rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzzatto and the ARI.

It was raining in Jerusalem this morning. A small miracle because rain at the end of April is not very common. While looking for some material for this post, I opened a chassidic tale book and found this story which really fits the subject:

The Thirst of the Plants

The Ziditzover (Rebbe) told the following story:
"Rabbi Joseph Caro (Kabbalist and author of the "Shulchan Aruch") was accustomed to express a holy intention in words before doing anything. Once he arose in the night for a drink of water, but he could remember no words of holiness to utter. Finally he said:
As I am about to quench my thirst with this water, may it please Almighty to still the thirst of plants and trees.
This prayer was accepted and rain which was sorely needed, came down in abundance".
______________________

Source:

"The Hasidic Anthology"
Translated by Louis I. Newman


Going to Mea Shearim tonight, as the Toldot Avraham Yitzchak Rebbe is giving a Tish. I haven't been to his place for a few months and thus I am really looking forward to see him. He is the most entertaining Rebbe I know so far and he doesn't make any effort to hide that he is uplifted. When Rebbe Shmuel Yaakov is raising into the upper worlds, nothing can stop him anymore from dancing and moving his arms wildly.
This is real Chassidut.

"Shabbat Shalom - Gut Schabbes" to all of you !

No comments:

Post a Comment