Friday, April 2, 2010

Shabbat Shalom




B"H

A warm and sunny Shabbat is right ahead of us. I decided to stay in Tel Aviv and I am only going back to Jerusalem for sixth and seventh day of Pessach.

It is unbelievable how much money Israelis are spending during those Pessach holidays. The shock is going to come afterwards and the overdrafts will be severe. Going out to eat during the holiday already is a disaster for the purse. Especially when one has kids.

Just a few hours ago, I passed the Chabad Synagogue near Shenkin Street and a "Se'udat Meshiach" is taking place within the Chassidut on the seventh day of Pessach. However, I don't know if this particular meal is only taking place for the Chabad Meshichistim or for anyone within the group. Even without believing that the last Rebbe is the Meshiach.

In Jerusalem, "kasher le'Pessach" has become a huge business. Many cafes and restaurants cleaned before the holiday and now sell their meals with Mazzot or rolls made of Mazze flour.
Israelis love to travel and thousands of people are going on trips these days. Even the haredi population (from Bnei Brak) is barbecuing in Tel Aviv's Hayarkon Park.

What else did I do ?
I went to the cinema and watched "The Ghost Writer" and "Nowhere Boy". Ghost writer was long but actually quite good. The former British Prime Minister's wife turned out to be a CIA agent. I should speak to some English guys about it.
In "Nowhere Boy", John Lennon's family relations were described quite well. I am more with Paul Mc Cartney but some English told me that both were / are stupid; without any education. Personally I liked the Beatles but never understood Lennon's relationship with Yoko Ono who seems to be a real bitch. Excuse my words. Couldn't he find a more proper wife ? 
(The rassist inside of me is talking).

However, soon Shabbat is coming in and we should concentrate on holy things. Sometimes I really do imagine to shut myself away from society in order to study and not to face all kinds of negativity going on. Just like inside the Toldot Aharon backyard.
There are negative matters going on in EVERY society but it would be great to keep oneself separate. What would we really miss ?
On the other hand, we are in this world in order to do our Tikunim (soul rectifications) and how are we supposed to do this when we are locked up into holiness ?

"Shabbat Shalom - Gut Schabbes" to everyone !

No comments:

Post a Comment