Monday, September 21, 2009

Rain on Rosh HaShana



B"H


For the first time in my life I have seen it raining in Israel on Rosh HaShana.
Usually the rain period only starts in October and, therefore I have seen rain on Sukkot but never ever before on Rosh HaShana.


This year, however, Rosh HaShana was rainy and yesterday, when I came from the prayer service in the Old City, I had to look for shelter because it was raining so heavily.


The early rain this year is like a real miracle and let us hope that the rain is going to continue. The See of Galilee (Kinneret) is almost dried out and Israel deperately needs water.

2 comments:

  1. Be careful what you wish for! The gemara refers to rains that occur prior to Sukkot as not being "gishmei bracha"...it is a potentially bad omen

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    Doesn't the Gemara only refer to rain on Sukkot ???

    ReplyDelete