Sunday, August 2, 2009

How to get more Blog Traffic



B"H

It doesn't matter where you look around on the Internet - countless people try giving "useful" advice to bloggers or site owners how to get more traffic. Those councelors seem to have found a new "profession" when they claim bloggers making money through their blogs. There have been quite a couple of such links on Twitter lately, where people (mostly other bloggers) promise traffic help.

According to my opinion, most facts have already been said a long tome ago. Traffic depends a lot on luck. In case, you have a personal blog, it may be hard getting lots of traffic these days. There are plenty of people out there having the same idea and blog context: Writing about themselves and their family. Personally, I am not interested in too many private stories and thus, don't read such blogs. However, if you have a specialized blog, hence a blog / website about a special subject, traffic may be a little easier. Usually not straight away from the beginning but after a while. First you have to be known a bit and write different articles. According to my experience, after writing for some time, people will mainly find you through Google by searching for keywords. However, there are blog owners believing that the best way finding more readers is by putting their blog on a blogscroll. I've received plenty of such requests; putting other blogs on my link list. The link list may work for blogs without any specific topic. Some fun and some context. Professionals or people really interested in a certain topic like to Google.

I think that the people suggesting blog advice to others, make the most money or having the most traffic. Of course, bloggers, as soon as they see the keyword "how to get more hits" would like to know more and click on such support sites. In most cases they get disappointed, as it is always the same kind of advise: Change your blog template into something eye - catching, write interesting but short articles, make lots of publicity about yourself and write comments on other blogs.
We know all this already and have read it a thousand times. Nevertheless, there are bloggers making a lot of money from us.
How ?
They offer you blog coaching courses; how to get traffic, how to manage your blog and how to turn it into a gold mine. Of course, everything further is kept as a secret and when you want to know more, you need to sign up, download programmes and buy guides written by the blogger himself.

In other words, you need to invest your own money first before earning anything else. This way, bloggers make money due to your curiosity. You start buying their publications until you realize that it is all the same stupid advice I have listed above. Well, they may add putting all kinds of ads into your blog. As soon as one of your readers is clicking on it, you receiv a few Dollar commission.
But be honest: How many readers are clicking on those ads ?
I don't.

The FREE advice I can give you is: Just write a blog and have fun with it. Don't let other people tell you what to do. Develop your own style and don't be afraid of your own opinion. Don't run with the masses. Not everything depends on the best and fanciest layout. Just be yourself and honest with your readers and yourself. It doesn't matter if you have 10 readers a day or 500. The more you write and keep up you blog, the more experience you gain.

Maybe someone would like to to add anything but, basically, this is it to the blogger subject. Anything beyond mainly depends on luck or in other words, on G - d.

10 comments:

  1. The only thing I can add is to comment on other blogs Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    You are commenting now.:-)))))

    But seriously, if an article has 20 or more comments, who does click on all the commentators ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I guess if you have a catchy name or if your comments are very intersting it may help. thanks for posting my comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for this :)
    I just created a new blog and at the moment have very little traffic and need to get that up so this came in handy :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I disagree 100%. If you have a niche blog about a product or service and monetize that blog accordingly you can make good money. I do it everyday. I'm no millionaire but it pays the bills. Now, as far as personal blogs where people just talk about their lives and all that mess, then yeah, you'd have to get lucky to get a lot of traffic to that blog. If you want to make money from blogging I suggest a free service at www.thirtydaychallenge.com. Ed Dale teaches you how to make your first $1 online in 30 days. I did it last year and now pay the bills from my blogs.
    Thanks for letting me comment

    ReplyDelete
  6. B"H

    @ Phil

    When I started Shearim, it took me a few months to get any traffic. Most of the time I had 5 people. Actually I was happy because I am running some Judaic blogs in German and thus had more time for them.

    Suddenly Shearim had all this traffic and I don't even know how. I see it as an obligation to write something almost every day.
    There are plenty of haredi news anyway.:-)

    Even if traffic goes slowly, don't give up and enjoy the time before you may get more.


    @ Traffic Building Voodoo

    What you basically do is giving all the advice I've heard before. At least a hundred times.:-)

    However, your ads are quite funny and who doesn't want to get muscles ? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. excellent topic and you can use paid traffic to get traffic to your blog or site and i have free coupons and vouchers to use on my blog http://traffic2business.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is interesting!
    Take a look here : Top 10 Tips I Use To Build Traffic
    http://happy-yuppy.info/?p=728

    ReplyDelete
  9. B"H

    A previous commentatore mentioned the THIRTY DAY CHALLENGE and I found this a very good option. I like this guy Ed Dale although it takes him a while getting to the point.
    Maybe I just like his Aussie accent, who knows ... :-)

    ReplyDelete