Sunday, August 23, 2009

Brief Message

B"H

Sorry, for all the delays this week but I am traveling a bit. For instance, I just came back from a whole tour through some settlements in Samaria (Shomron). I went from Jerusalem to Ariel. Ariel is a town full of national religious Jews and Russians. Not much to do but the bus ride (Egged no. 148) was an experience.


The bus passed all the famous settlements such as Ofrah, Shilo, Kfar Tapuach at a junction and Eli. I have a lot to write about that trip as well as about the trip to Sderot and Netivot last week. Tonight I am going to Rabbi Tuvia Singer's lecture against Christian missionaries and tomorrow I will be back in Tel Aviv writing, writing, writing.

If you ever have the chance and the time: Go on the bus ride to Ariel !!! It is totally inexpensive and worth seeing the great landscape.

4 comments:

  1. Also visit Imanu-el...like mea sharim except more intolerant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    There was a different bus to Immanuel. I saw the sign and thought about going there but, as I said, it was a different bus.

    Why more intolerant ?

    I just know that some real nutcases live there. Or in other words "freaks".:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intolerant because if you are "fin an andere kreiz" you are a shygatz. I visited once. And no one would mistake me for a freier yid, but the stares I got and the whispers, unbelievable. It's a true ghetto in the classical sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. B"H

    Maybe I should go there and have some fun.:-)))

    I just know two people who are competely vrazy living there. A Chabad woman and a Dutch born guy running around with a rifle.

    ReplyDelete