Sunday, August 9, 2009

Back in Mea Shearim

B"H

After having avoided Mea Shearim for the past few weeks, I went back last Shabbat (Parashat Ekev) and was glad about it. First of all, I had missed seeing some people and secondly, my fears of being called something as an outsider turned out to be unnecessary. No one yelled and no one even noticed me. We all came out of the Synagogues and everyone was just anxious to go home, making Kiddush and eat.

Due to all the demonstrations and the fuss about the "abusive" mother, I had stayed away for a while. However, already last week, someone had told me that she had been invited at the Toldot Aharon and she only had the very best experience there. At lunch time, I went to a family near the Mea Shearim market and also had a great time.

By the way, the "abusive" mother was not mentioned with one word.

No comments:

Post a Comment