Monday, July 6, 2009

Yahrzeit of Rabbi Amram Blau (Bloi)

B"H

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is the Yahrzeit of
Rabbi Amram Blau (Bloi), and whoever is interested, the Mishkenot HaRoim group in Mea Shearim is organizing a Mishnayiot study in order to remember the famous Jerusalem character. The study is due to start in the early afternoon.

Rabbi Amram Blau used to be the head of the Neturei Karta in Mea Shearim and died in 1974.

Not that someone again accuses me of being Neturei Karta; no, I am not although I do understand the ideology of anti - Zionism. However, Rabbi Blau used to be one of the famous Jerusalem characters until he passed away.

4 comments:

  1. I am not Neturei Karta either, but I must agree with you, Rabbi Amram Blau was unique. While they still make a loud noise today it seems that it is a wild violent exercise and lacking in something--integrity maybe. I don't know how to describe it but I do miss former times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    You are not alone, as I heard Yehudah Meshi Zahav and Yoelish Kroiz saying the same.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that picture is a dead ringer for moshe bloi.u sure thats amran?

    ReplyDelete
  4. B"H

    Other pictures I saw on the Internet were not much better.

    But here is the source of the picture I published:

    http://www.ucalgary.ca/~elsegal/363_Transp/Orthodoxy/Naturei.html

    ReplyDelete