Friday, July 31, 2009

Shabbat Shalom

B"H

Being in Tel Aviv and going to Jerusalem this afternoon. My typical Friday routine.

Actually I am glad to get out of TA, as it is extremely humid and during the night, I woke up sweating several times. Even with a fan, you won't avoid a sweaty face and neck. Jerusalem has cool nights and you are able to sleep without further disturbances. At least most of the time.

I haven't been to Mea Shearim for almost two weeks because I have been afraid of facing the tensions. I am not in the mood of being called an evil secular journalist or a police spy.
Mea Shearim has all kind of spy due to the Toldot Aharon mother being under house arrest in her home but no one has to react in such an exaggerated way of accusing any outsider as something.

A Karliner Chassid told me that it isn't that bad but I am not sure. He sees everything from his point of view and he won't have problems with his Mea Shearim "uniform".

I may !

However, the latest news of the famous mother is that she didn't show up at the court last Wednesday. Her lawyer, David HaLevi, stated that she fears evil, as the police is totally against her.
Instead of running against the Hadassah Hospital, Mea Shearim is now running a campaign against the police.
Court and police, however, are quite fed up and say that the accused mother has no right speaking bad about them or just ignore the justice system. She will be taken to court and there is enough proof of convincing the entire country that the mother is guilty of abusing her three - year - old.

Anyway, my main topic is not the mother but Shabbat is coming in soon. I am really looking forward to some rest and spiritual or private thoughts after a week packed with work.

To all readers:
Have a great and meaningful Shabbat - Shabbat Shalom - Gut Schabbes !

1 comment:

  1. This poor woman is 5 or 6 months pregnant and was not feeling well. Her lawyer asked the police to defer the interrogation. She was interrogated the following Sunday and Monday. Today she is not feeling well again. Please be more accurate in your reporting.

    ReplyDelete