Friday, June 19, 2009

Tish and Shevat Berachot in Boyan

B"H

Tonight (Erev Shabbat) and tomorrow (Se'udat Shlishit - third Shabbat meal), Chassidut Boyan is celebrating. First of all, it is the Shabbat before Rosh Chodesh (beginning of a new Jewish month) and the Boyaner Rebbe always has a Tish on that particular Shabbat (Shabbat Mevarchin).

This week, the Rebbe's brother got married and thus, Boyan is also celebrating Sheva Berachot (traditional blessings after a wedding).


I was told that the Tish tonight is probably not taking place at the great Boyaner Synagogue in Malchei Israel Street (Jerusalem) but rather right across at the Belzer place. For female visitors this means to be squeezed in.
I already had this experience when I went to the Tish of the Vishnitzer Rebbe Israel Hager a few weeks ago.

Unfortunately, I cannot participate, as I am staying in Tel Aviv this Shabbat. If I was in Jerusalem, however, I would definitely go; even if I was squeezed in like a sardine.

No comments:

Post a Comment