Monday, June 29, 2009

The GERRER REBBE on FACEBOOK

B"H

A friend of mine has caused me to log into my deactivated Facebook account.
By the way, even when you deactivate your account, your site is still always available in case you are silly enough (like me) to log in again. Well, at least I have an excuse and I need to say that right afterwards, I deactivated my account again.

I just wanted to see with my own eyes that the Gerrer (Gur) Rebbe has a Facebook account. I always thought that he forbade his Chassidim to use the Internet and now I saw his own Facebook site. Tztz ...

And guess who is friend is ?
Yehudah Meshi Zahav from ZAKA.

Strange friendship combinations on Facebook and no wonder why I escaped.

And, before I forget, the Gerrer Rebbe wants my friend (a woman) to be his Facebook friend.

So far my report from the deactivated Facebook world.:-)

8 comments:

  1. It must be someone posing as the Rebbe. What's he under? "Gerer Rebbe?" or his full name?

    OK, I just checked, and there's a number of Rebbes. Ger, Bobov, Nickolsburg and more! I'm sure it's not for real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    I know that it is not the real Gerrer Rebbe and someone is joking. Nevertheless, he shouldn't use the picture of the Gerrer Rebbe. Otherwise some people may get the idea that it is really him posting on Facebook.:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's actually him, maybe he's had a change of heart with the Internet

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. B"H

    No, it can't be him !
    Otherwise he would have thousands of followers (his Chassidim) and he would stick a picture of Nir Barkat (his mayor darling) on his Facebook site.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, my question is--should I accept and be his friend:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. B"H

    Make him your friend and try getting a Shabbes invitation.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you afford a shabbes invitation for him? maybe they will open credit card registration on FB

    ReplyDelete
  8. B"H

    Even if I had the cash, I don't think that they accept females.:-)

    ReplyDelete