Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Rachlin Rebbe

B"H

Has anyone an idea why the self - appointed "Rachlin Rebbe" was once kicked out of Mea Shearim ? Now he lives in Nagara Street / Givat Sha'ul / Jerusalem.


The Argentinian born "Rachlin Rebbe" founded his own tiny Chassidut. He is mostly known due to his counceling and his followers claim that he sees everything. All hidden thoughts in a human being and in case you bring him a picture of your Shidduch (match) or mention his / her name, he is able to tell you if the Shidduch fits you or not.

Many secular Israelis go to him and ask for advise. I met him once because some people I know dragged me to one of his meetings. He basically didn't know what to tell me and, in the end, told me what I knew anyway.

His follower admire him but he also has many people critics. Other Chassidim even told me to stay away from him which I do because he is just not my Rebbe type and I have nothing to do with him.

I am just curious why he was thrown out of Mea Shearim. One rumour I heard is that he hit a boy.

7 comments:

  1. Loshon Hora!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    Yes, we know that already: Everything is Lashon HaRah.

    I bet you don't even know the person in question and when you have nothing to answer to my question, do, as the Beatler say: "Let it be !"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a question which I've been thinking about for a while: does it still happen that new dynasties get founded? I mean not just the son of a famous rabbi, but just a completely new dynasty. Like a new rabbi, who jut starts a new movement with a couple of followers. I wonder if that happens in the Haredi world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. B"H

    Usually I am preparing my religious writings at the Jerusalem Jewish National Library (or in Beit Ariella in Tel Aviv). However, in Jerusalem, there is an elderly Chassid sitting (maybe writing a book ?) and someone from the library staff told me that maybe I should talk to him. He founded his own chassidic group.

    So, there are some people founding their own little group but the problem seems to be continuation. A follower of the Racheliner, for instance, told me that after this Rebbe, none of his sons is going to take over and the group may die out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys screaming Lashon HaRah have allowed the abuse of children both physical and sexual so bite it. I agree it is wrong to deliberately try to defame a person, but this is an honest inquiry. Perhaps if people were more aware of what is going on around them there would be less evil taking place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He was througn out of mea shearim because he wouldnwt be silent about sexuall musbehaviors he knew about, of an important rabbi.
    No one gets sent away from Mea Shearim for violence' sadly it's almost a norm there. But to uncover unpleasant true secrets about "Ours", is unthinkable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. B"H

    I have heard this argument from one of his followers.
    The only problem is that there are two different opinions. The truth is that most Haredim I know claim that he the Rachliner did not behave in a way it is expected to behave in Mea Shearim.

    It may be that he got attacked due to his complains about a certain Rabbi. The only thing I am asking is why this was not published anywhere ?
    Usually these kind of issues spread around within a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete