Friday, April 24, 2009

Shabbat Shalom

B"H

Time goes by fast and slowly, slowly, each of us starts realizing that no one is getting younger. This feeling I had this morning when I watched the Tel Aviv Marathon. People of all ages participated and in order to satisfy my conscience, I am going to the gym later on.
May next year I will be participating as well and hopefully not be fainting after 100 meters.

Weather in Tel Aviv is getting hot again and summer seems to be right ahead. Far too early, as we desperately need rain.

This afternoon, I am going to Jerusalem because of the Vishnitzer Tish tonight. One of the three present Vishnitzer Rebbes of Bnei Brak is coming to Jerusalem. I guess the reason may be Rosh Chodesh (beginning of the new month of Iyar).
Rebbe Israel Hager is giving his Tish at a Belzer shul behind Boyan (Malchei Israel). I have never been to a Vishnitz Tish but only two a the wedding of a son of Rabbi Ernster two months ago (taking place in Bnei Brak).

"Shabbat Shalom - Gut Schabbes" to all of you and also have a great and healthy new month ! Chodesh Tov !

4 comments:

  1. Shabat Shalom & Chodesh Tov. I like how u "crowned" the two sons of the rebbe during his lifetime. i sugest that u goto real vitnitz in BB and not a small botte in Jerusalem.

    feel free to pop in for a visit..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    You have to face reality: The old Rebbe is ill and the Chassidut needs a leader. It is sad but what else can I say. Life must go on.

    It is even more sad seeing Vishnitz split into two camps. At least in Bnei Brak.

    A Vishnitzer told me that the same may happen in Monsey one day.
    Seems like a fashion that every son or son - in - law wants to becoem rebbe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. monsey and the rebbe shalita didnt talk for years fiighiting over the name vitnitz, recetly they made up, and the monsey rebbe even came to visit the rebbe shalita!

    may they both live long lives till the coming of the mosiach!

    where is the report on the botte?

    ReplyDelete