Sunday, April 19, 2009

Is my Soul getting lost ?

B"H

I love to eat cheese and one of my favourite ones is the moldy blue coloured cheese. Some people may be disgusted by that but I really do love it; especially together with fresh bread.

The Israeli dairy company Tnuva is generally kosher "Le'Mehadrin" and some products are even "Badatz - Beit Din Zedek". However, the moldy cheese I buy from them contains "Chalav Nochri Powder".


TNUVA Products

I really love the cheese and, in case of emergency, could definitely find something else. Once I heard that, according to kabbalistic sources, any Chalav Nochri damages a Jewish soul (Neshama). So, I guess it will be the same with Chalav Nochri Powder.

Anyone has an idea on that ?

The idea of using Chalav Nochri does bother me but maybe someone is able to come up with a good explanation. Saying that it is fine or just the opposite. Whatever …

5 comments:

  1. reb moish fienstien allowed cholov nachri, but thaat was at a time when there wasnt kosher milk avilable, can you live without blue moldy chezze?

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    I will finish the box and, next time, look for moldy cheese made entirely in Israel and with Jewish ingredients.

    I just don't understand why an Israeli company like TNUVA needs Nochri Milk Powder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. in france, switerland you can get kosher Kamenbert, Brie, full of mold, if its the smell you like, try socks in any yeshivah dorm......................

    ReplyDelete
  4. B"H

    The socks are actually a great idea !:-)

    By the way, in France, they have the best cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strasbourg, Rabbi Sakbach, great stuff!!!
    Paris, Rabbi Rotenberg, Almost as good
    Metz, Rabbi Bamberger, i cant remeber anymore, years since i have been there
    Socks, worldwide, no hechser needed:)

    ReplyDelete