Friday, March 27, 2009

Shabbat Shalom

B"H

It is sunny in Israel after two days of constant rain and being wet and freezing cold all the time. This Shabbat I am going to spend in Jerusalem and I am actually planning going to the Belz Tish if I don't fall asleep before.

There are moments when I wake up in the morning and don't know where I am anymore. I am not talking about the location but about the state of mind. Sometimes I am in the chassidic world and then I feel like having a break and keep away from anything Mea Shearim / Bnei Brak like. I am not able to be persistent in this respect and have no explanation why. Maybe I am too lazy and don't make enough efforts. On the other hand, and maybe it sounds like a dry justification, I keep on telling myself that it is just not for me and perhaps it is my task to be in both societies.

Three days ago, I interviewed a haredi Yeshiva in the haredi neighbourhood of Kiryat Mattersdorf in Jerusalem and I am going to write a report on that at the beginning of next week. There, however, I got an extreme important answer regarding my life and state of mind.

In the meantime, I am wishing everyone a great Shabbat, Shabbat Shalom, Gut Schabbes, and that at least you wake up with a clear mind !

No comments:

Post a Comment