Saturday, February 21, 2009

Slonim Sidur

B"H

Someone asked me about the Nussach of Chassidut Slonim.

Last night, on Erev Shabbat, I went to the Tisch of the Slonim in Mea Shearim / Jerusalem and had a look at their Sidur called "Magen Avraham". Inside it says NUSSACH SEPHARAD" and when I was having a quick look through, I noticed that it wasn't full of kabbalistic and chassidic additions, as, for instance, the Sidur of the Toldot Aharon. "Magen Avraham" rather looks like a regular Ashkenazi Artscroll Sidur.

2 comments:

  1. Some slonim bt wrote on ablog that only their music ,torah is emes and everyone else is wrong.
    A little humility, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    Regarding their Niggunim, even the Slonim themselves admit that the music is rather heavy and slow.
    By the way, I was told this by born Slonim and they added that the Rebbe has been trying to introduce some new songs which, according to their claim, are not that "heavy".

    ReplyDelete