Sunday, February 8, 2009

The "Birthday - Power"

B"H

Some commentators say that a person celebrating his birthday has the power to accomplish anything. Just by praying or blessing other people on his / her birthday.

Today, Sunday, is my birthday but I am not sure if I shouldn't rather give out blessings to all of you only on Thursday, as then I am celebrating my Hebrew birthday. Maybe I should do it twice and therefore, I already bless you all with lots of success and great health !

When I was born, my Parasha was "Yitro" and also this Shabbat, we are reading "YItro". It says in kabbalistic sources that you should look at your Torah Parasha at the time you were born and there you may find all your answers about life. At least, you know what to fix (make a Tikun). For me this sounds a kind of "unfair" because in Parashat Yitro, as you know, the 10 Commandments are being read. Besides, the Parashat mentions plenty of other Mitzwot (laws). Does the kabbalistic teaching mean that I have to rectify anything in Parashat Yitro ? Is this my purpose in life ?

This is not fair, as others have easier Parashot than I do. :-)

I am trying my best but being born at the time of Parashat Yitro is anything but that easy.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Even though being born with Parashat Yitro is difficult, the fact that you are not only trying to rectify yourself, but are taking time to provide valued information to so many others is surely a positive. I pray Hashem blesses you with the answers that you seek and a joyous year to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    Thanks for the wishes.:-)

    I heard this teaching with the Tikun and the Parasha a while ago and think that other people may be interested.

    Actually there are some commentators who claim that you should look at the Parasha when your mother received you. But I thought that this would be too much, asking the parents etc.:-)

    ReplyDelete