Sunday, January 11, 2009

The End of the World

B"H

When I was walking in downtown Tel Aviv this morning, I was stopped by a rather hippie looking elderly lady. She was so unbelievable nice that she even wanted to rescue me from the "End of the World". According to her, the endtime would be very close and if I don’t believe, I will go to hell.

Well, she didn't say it this way but put it into nicer words: "I won't survive the great catastrophe laying ahead of us".
I asked her from which group she is and she replied something strange. It could have been Scientology or the Witnesses so - and - so. Unfortunately, the Scientology Church is becoming more and more obvious in Tel Aviv.

The lady showed me this yellow paper with all kinds of verses on it. As she started reading, I interrupted and teased her that she cannot pronounce one of G - d's names E - lo - him but rather E - lo - kim. The woman was a little stunned, looked at me and said that only the religious say this. At the same moment, she packed her stuff and walked away.

She had probably thought that I am one of those secular ignorant Jews not knowing anything. This shows us that we shouldn't always go according to people's clothes, as you may be very much mistaken. But I still like my blue Jeans and black shirt.

1 comment:

  1. It would not have been the Scientologists - they don't specifically target Jews with Jewish terminology.

    ReplyDelete