Sunday, December 7, 2008

Havdalah with Chabad

B"H

Last night, after Shabbat, I was working at the bakery when at 12.30am suddenly a Chabadnik walked into the store downstairs. I told him that we were closed but he stood in the doorway and didn't move.

"Have you made Havdalah ?" he asked me.

Actually I still hadn't done it and admitted.

"No problem he said and walked right into the store holding cups and a beer can in his hand. He told me the required blessings and I repeated them.

First I drank a cup of beer and then, replacing the traditional candle, he lit four or five matches together at once. He admitted that the spices he had forgotten at home. Then he walked out, reminding me to say the afterblessing over the beer and wished "Shavua Tov".

This was a great gesture from Chabad and I was very grateful.
How much, I only realized afterwards when I thought about it.
_________________

In remembrance of Rabbi Gabriel Holzberg and his wife Rivka, Chabad held huge celebrations in their worldwide synagogues . The Rabbi and his wife were killed by Pakistani terrorists in Mumbai ten days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment