Friday, November 14, 2008

Satmar Tish in Bnei Brak

B"H

Actually I wanted to go to Jerusalem this Shabbat. Seeing some friends and going to some chassidic Tishes in Mea Shearim. Last night, however, I got the information that one of my favourite groups won't have a Tish this Shabbat. A Tish yes, but in Boro Park and not in Jerusalem.

The Toldot Aharon Rebbe David Kahn is in New York and having a big event in Boro Park tonight. Next Shabbat, he will be in Monsey.
So, New Yorkers, go to his Tish and enjoy.

I must admit that this information upset me, as I had been looking forward to the Toldot Aharon Tish. "Well, I thought, maybe I should still go to Jerusalem, see friends and go to Avraham Yitzchak. I also haven't been to Kretchnif for quite a while. Or how about Belz ?

Okay, still plenty of possibilities where to go.
On the other hand, I didn't feel very comfortable with all of this. And this morning, I rather spontaneously made up my mind.
Although I would love to see some friends, I am staying home in Tel Aviv. No Mea Shearim or Belz but I am going to Bnei Brak where the Satmarer Rebbe Aharon Teitelbaum is giving a great Tish tonight.

It doesn't happen too often that one of the Satmarer Rebbes is visiting Israel and, now I am taking another chance. More than a year ago, Rebbe Aharon was in Jerusalem in order to lay the cornerstone for his new Kiryat Yoel. He gave a Tish at "Supnik" (Kikar Shabbat in Ge'ulah / Mea Shearim). Right in front of the offices of the Edah HaCharedit and the Dushinsky school. I went and luckily, the huge tent set up had an Ezrat Nashim (women's section). Unfortunately, it was so packed that no one succeeded in seeing anything. The guys walked in and straight out. No space.
The women climed up the walls in order to take a glimpse over the Mechitzah. I have no idea if any of them finally succeeded. Rebbe Aharon was the Superstar that night. Thousands of different Chassidim, Litvishe, National religious and other came to see him.

Tonight, I am having another try in Bnei Brak. I suppose that the place will be packed again but whatever, the atmosphere alone is incredible. And if it is too crowded, I can still move over to Lelov, Bohush or Nadvorna.

Anyway I am happy with my decision but next Shabbat, I am definitely going to spend in Jerusalem.

Shabbat Shalom - Gut Shabbes to everyone !!!


August 1997 / 5768: The Satmarer Rebbe in Jerusalem




Links:

Chassidut Satmar

No comments:

Post a Comment