Thursday, October 30, 2008

Good to have a Break !


Beach in Tel Aviv


B"H

Jerusalem always means plenty of work to me whereas Tel Aviv is more relaxing. Not that I don't work in Tel Aviv but everything is much more relaxed. Especially my life. One of the reasons may be the beach and another reason may be the totally different mentality of the people. Furthermore, Jerusalem is always so full of tension. Politically and religiously.

As soon as I pass religious neighbourhoods, I have to be careful that I won't meet Haredim I know. I am mostly wearing pants during the week, but many Haredim know for a long time that I am not too much into their society. Not from the outside and more from the inside.

However, also my inside needs a break and in the middle of next week, I am going back to Tel Aviv for quite a while. Having a break from the religious, pressure and tension but not from G - d. I am really looking forward to it and thus, already travel to Tel Aviv today; although I will be back in Jerusalem for Shabbat. I have the constant feeling that in Tel Aviv I can be whoever I am but in Jerusalem, I am limited. Not only according to a religious lifestyle but especially according the whole Jerusalem mentality. Sometimes it can be like prison and then it is always good to leave and see something else. Meet other people and get a clear mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment