Friday, September 12, 2008

Sheva Berachot in Gur

B"H

On Tuesday, the Gerer Rebbe, Rabbi Yaakov Aryeh Alter, married off one of his grandsons. I suppose that he got married to a young woman from Gur, as the group has the custom only to find a Shidduch (match) from within Gur.



The present Rebbe of Chassidut Gur: Rabbi Yaakov Aryeh Alter


Tonight, Erev Shabbat, the Gerer Rebbe is giving a Tish in the Jerusalemer Beit HaMidrash where also the traditional Sheva Berachot are going to be celebrated.

As someone female, I cannot participate. And one of the Gerer Chassidim let me know that I can come to the morning service tomorrow but he wouldn't be sure if I like that. The Ezrat Nashim (women's section) is hermetically sealed and, thus the women are unable to look into the men's section downstairs.

What can I say ? Where are the days when Rivka (Rebecca) and Yitzchak used to pray together ?

No comments:

Post a Comment