Sunday, July 13, 2008

Toldot Aharon Rebbe on the Road

B"H

Last Erev Shabbat (Friday night), the Toldot Aharon Rebbe David Kahn gave his last Tish until the month of Elul (end of August). I went to his last Tish with a friend and a Toldot Aharon woman let us know that the Rebbe will be traveling abroad until the high holidays.

The Tish itself was a little slow, as everyone seemed to be tired. Only the Tehillim lady was full of energy.
The Tehillim lady who is not a Toldot Aharon member, is an elderly lady handing out Tehillim (Psalms) books at every Tish. She is very energetic and has this funny way of being so suspicious about everyone. Every woman should pray the small book twice and pray it; not just put it aside and do nothing. Don't you ever cheat !
Already a few minutes later, the Tehillim lady comes back and collects her books. "And don't dare stealing anything" - her eyes say.

Last Friday, I didn't get a book, as I probably looked too suspicious to her. However, when she came to collect her books she let me know that the way I was sitting there watching the Rebbe's Tish was totally immodest.

I sat with my legs crossed but due to my long skirt, my legs were modestly covered. Well, not for the anxious Tehillim lady who told me that a woman doesn't sit in a synagogue with her legs crossed.

Unfortunately, she didn't let the Toldot Aharon teenager girls know that, as they were also sitting with their legs crossed.

Nevertheless, there won't be a Tish at the Toldot Aharon and their split - off Toldot Avraham Yitzchak until the end of August.

Crossed legs, yes or no, I will definitely miss these two chassidic groups a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment