Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Who is gossiping about Belz ?

B"H

The streets of Mea Shearim and the nearby neighbourhood Ge'ulah were full of pamphlets. In fact, the streets looked like a garbage dumb over the holiday of Shavuot. I picked up one of those pamphlets in order to read what it says. The headline was: Mishmeret HaZniut - Modesty Police". The rest turned out to be something about Chassidut Belz but I couldn't figure exactly out what. Some people were accused of lying and that no one should believe them anyway.

I showed the pamphlet to a Vishnitzer Chassid and, the same as me, he couldn't figure out the context either. Then I met a Belzer Chassid who I know and he explained me the background:

A very small unknown chassidic group from Bnei Brak claims to belong to Chassidut Belz. And this group accused the Belzer Chassidim of lying and not accepting them as part of Belz.

This is the whole story behind thousands of pamphlets.

Why do some chassidic groups always try to get attention through something negative ? Where are the Talmidim Chachamim today ? Wouldn't it be a better headline writing about a new uprising Talmid Chacham instead of causing gossip over Shavuot ?

No comments:

Post a Comment