Tuesday, June 17, 2008

In Brief

B"H

1. Unfortunately, I missed the wedding of the Gerer Rebbe's grandson because I got mixed up with the date. I mistakenly thought that the event would be this week but the wedding already took place last Wednesday.

2. Next week, on June 25th, a huge celebration is taking place in Jerusalem. No, don't get excited…nothing religious.
The new bridge is having its opening celebration and after 6pm, all the traffic coming into Jerusalem from Tel Aviv is going to face a hard time. Famous politicians and pop singers are expected to participate in the event and free tours are offered. I am not sure if I would participate in such a free tour, as the tour will lead over the new bridge.

The bridge was a complete waste of money for the City of Jerusalem. Costs were far too high due to damages. The bridge is not stable enough and experts claim that it will fall apart soon. In the meantime, the construction company is trying its best fixing the bridge but no one can say for sure, if this ugly thing is going to last. Hopefully not !

3. Vegetarians and those who are against the killing of animals should go to Tel Aviv this week. Various demonstrations are taking place downtown. Last night, I saw a walking milk bottle in front of Dizengoff Center. Someone had dressed himself up as a milk bottle. Others wear T - Shirts saying that those who eat meat and dairy products or drink milk, are killers.

1 comment:

  1. I am stunned--with all the wasted money on that ugly mass of metal (can't force myself to use the word "bridge") they have the nerve to waste more money on a ceremony?? I suspect they have to do this before the piece of garbage collapses. And will someone please tell me what that big pointy thing with all the wires is?? It looks like a missile aiming for Ramallah--hhmmmmm

    ReplyDelete