Friday, May 2, 2008

Trip through the Worlds

B"H

It sounds trivial but summer is approaching and this is the reason why many moods just become better. You get up in the morning, see the sun and everything seems to be more positive. At least I feel this way.

Once I told this to an acquaintance in Mea Shearim and asked her if she doesn’t feel the same way. Well, at least sometimes.
She looked at me as if I am nuts and said with her eyes and mouth wide open: "No".

In that moment, I felt sorry for her and thought that there obviously wasn't too much joy of life in Mea Shearim. And if yes, I wasn't able to see it.
Joy of Life to me means not only sitting and praying but especially going out and being aware of G - d's creation. I know that this might sound trivial as well.

So, I am trying to be positive today and hope to remain the same way when I go for a Shabbat meal to Rabbi Mordechai Machlis. Usually there are so many people from very different backgrounds that there is a possibility of getting upset about someone. Or simply putting it into easy words: The nuts really know how to get on someone's nerves.

After hopefully surviving the Machlises, I am going with a friend to the chassidic Tishes in Mea Shearim. Another friend told me about Tishes at Boyan or Rudzhin and I am trying to find out more. Within the next few weeks, many Rebbes are going abroad to collect donations for their groups. Toldot Aharon or Avraham Yitzchak, for instance.

My weekdays are usually packed with different activities and I really wish that I could much more walk around in haredi areas. For chassidic men I am a kind of strange. They don't expect a woman writing about Chassidut and society. But as soon as someone finds out about what I am doing, the vast majority reacts very positive.
I don't have any further particular plans for tonight. Next week on Independence Day, I will be in Mea Shearim to have a quick look. Unfortunately the secular Israeli press is streaming out in order to get some nice sensational pictures. For them the best is when the Neturei Karta starts burning some Israeli flags.
But maybe it is different this year, as the Hamas has announced mega terror attacks on Israel, as they don't share our Simcha on Independence Day.
However, on Shabbat we should concentrate on positive things and therefore I wish everybody a "Shabbat Shalom". And don't forget to go out and look at G - d's creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment