Thursday, May 29, 2008

The other Dimension

B"H

A friend of mine ended up with Chabad due to reasons I prefer not to mention here. Not that he ever wanted to join Chabad but he somehow had no other choice. However, Chabad influenced him in a positive way which all of his friends surprised. The only problem is that he ended up with the Chabad – Meshichistim who think that the last Lubavitcher Rebbe Menachem Mendel Schneerson is the Meshiach

Our friend, let's call him A., has changed in a positive way but one point is very obvious: He hardly comes to see his other friends because he is totally involved in Chabad activities. They don't even allow him to go to places where there is only a Hechsher (kosher certificate) from the Chief Rabbinate of Jerusalem (Rabbanut). Chabad has strict Kashrut regulations and they only eat products with a Hechsher of the "Badatz (Beit Din Zedek) Edah HaCharedit". When it comes to meat, they only eat their own Hechsher.

First we thought that our friend is getting lost because we hardly ever saw him. Then, only a few weeks ago, he called up another friend and complained that he feels like in prison. However, when I met him downtown Jerusalem a few day ago, he seemed to have changed his mind again. No more words about a prison. He even appears to be happy, as Chabad finally gave him a task and responsibility in life. On the other hand, he started believing in certain ideas of the Meshichistim. A. told me what I had already heard before from other Messianic Chabadniks. Rebbe Menachem Mendel Schneerson didn't die. He is still alive and on the day of his so – called death in June 1994, he just became invisible. Invisible for our human eyes, as he now lives in a different higher dimension. He is still there but we cannot see him. Therefore, his coffin is empty.
Well, maybe we should have a look inside then.

Many of those Meshichistim claim that the last Lubavitcher Rebbe became invisible. One small and very extreme group within Chabad even claims that the late Lubavitcher Rebbe was actually "G – d". They started calling him "Creator". But this weirdo opinion is even too much for our friend A. "Those must be the real nutty ones", he says.

When I saw A. last, a few days ago, he wanted to missionize me. I should believe in the Rebbe and everything would be fine. He made the same remarks to other people at a Shiur. The house was full of national religious and Litvaks and you can surely imagine their response. Nevertheless, A. continued and stuck to his opinion.

Then he told me that I should do "Iggeret HaKodesh".
"What ?" I asked.
A. explained me the Chabad – concept of doing "Iggeret HaKodesh". You take a small piece of paper and write all your personal questions on it. Maybe together with some prayers. "To the Lubavitcher Rebbe", he added but I told that I would surely not write prayers to the dead Rebbe.

However, you take the piece of paper and stick it into one of the pages into the book "Iggeret haKodesh". Just take a page. Open it, put the paper somewhere and see what it says in this particular paragraph in the book. This is supposed to be your answer from the Rebbe. A. stated that it is important not to interpret the answer by yourself but I should come to see one of the Chabad rabbis and get advice.

"But I prefer doing it alone", I said stubbornly.

"Then at least don't forget to wash your hands before you do it because you are talking to the Meshiach. He speaks to you through the "Iggeret HaKodesh".

Rebbe Menachem Mendel Schneerson is the Meshiach, lives in other dimensions and is not dead. Here we have our explanation. And soon I will speak to him while putting a piece of paper into a book doing my "Iggeret HaKodesh"

"Yechi Adoneinu Moreinu veRabbeinu ……."

2 comments:

  1. My latest blog speaks of a similar situation. For a Chassid that actually knew the Rebbe I can in a distorted way understand why one would think he is Moshiach. Its the baal teshuvas or the frum cross overs that really get me. You never met him, or knew what he was like. All you have is videos of his fahbrangens. Events like this and everything that is happening shows that Moshiach is on his way Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    I totally agree with you.

    I think that especially the Baalei Teshuva and converts to Judaism joining Chabad are looking for a "father figure to lean on" - so to speak. And then many start dreaming and imagining the great and "g - dly like" personality of the Rebbe.

    No doubt that the Rebbe was a great Rebbe and a great personality but I still have to somehow remain remain realistic.

    ReplyDelete