Friday, May 16, 2008

שרופי הכבשנים מאשימים

B"H

A few days ago, a young Chassid approached me and said:
"Miriam, I know that you are dealing with certain subjects. Why not mentioning this on your site ?"

While he spoke, he handed me a booklet.
"A present", he claimed and smiled.

I have known the Chassid for quite a while by sight but had never really spoken to him. One day he saw me with pamphlets from the anti – Zionist umbrella organization "Edah HaCharedit" and starred at me. I cannot even say to which chassidic group he belongs.
Maybe Vishnitz ? I will ask him next time.
Strange, he knows my name and I don't even know anything about him.

The booklet he gave me is interesting and frightening at the same time. I knew that Haredim, and in particular Chassidim, accuse the national religious movement, the Zionists", of being guilty that thousands of Chassidim were murdered by the Nazis. Today's national religious movement points out at different occasions that the Agudat Israel, including Chassidut Gur, told their followers, not to leave Eastern Europe. As a result, thousands of Chassidim were murdered. Had the Rebbes reacted in a different way and warned their Chassidim, countless lives could have been saved.
This is a fact.

On the other hand, how did the national religious movement react ? Were they always the good guys, as they claimed after the war ?

The booklet I received from the Chassid claims something completely different and I am planning to write about it in detail within the upcoming week. The booklet is called: שרופי הכבשנים מאשימים - תעודות מסמכים ועדויות על פושעי שואה יהודים

It consists of ten different articles and the author is the famous Rabbi Michael Dov Weissmandel. A name many people know.
Rabbi Weissmandel mentions the role of the Catholic church, the pope, the Christians and the refusal of the Zionist Keren HaYesod to free money for buying Jews out of the hands of the Nazis killers.

An extremely frightening report.

2 comments:

  1. did you ever read pefady by ben hecht about the katsner affair

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    No, not yet but I am right in the middle of the Kastner Affair and the deal he was offered by Eichmann.

    ReplyDelete