Sunday, April 13, 2008

Pessach and the Modesty (צניעות)

B"H

Actually I should have found out many chassidic Pessach customs. I should have gone to several chassidic Tishes and interviewed the Chassidim. Nevertheless, I did nothing. I didn't even go for Maariv let alone Shacharit and it wasn't even laziness. I was simply too tired and my friend can confirm it.
Wasn't it me falling asleep on her couch and talking in my sleep ?
From one second to the other I was in a different world and started talking from Lala - Land. There was no other choice but going to bed.

If there are any chassidic Tishes taking place this coming Erev Shabbat, we will definitely be there and investigate. It would be interesting to find out if the Edah HaCharedit does another street division during Chol HaMoed Pessach. Last Sukkot, Mea Shearim Street as well as the market were divided into men's and women's sections. Traffic was rather complicated and during Chol HaMoed, Mea Shearim had employed a security company watching the male and female road traffic. But not only Mea Shearim; in Bnei Brak the same occured.

This Chol HaMoed we are going to have another look and thus behave very well. Following the rules of the Edah and not bothering the male Yetzer (negative site in us). Visiting Bnei Brak on Chol HaMoed is another challenge, as I am planning to throw myself into the modesty buses. No more looking around bored but sitting behind a Mechitzah. At least in the No. 1 bus in Bnei Brak. Egged - bus No. 402 from Jerusalem to Bnei Brak doesn't have a visible Mechitzah but men sit in the front and woman in the back. This will be an experience and I will let you all know how a woman feels sitting behind a curtain (bus no. 1).

Further:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull&cid=1164881792994

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?tabid=137&view=item&idx=1258

2 comments:

  1. there won't be a separate side for men and women in mea shearim the only reason they do this on sucos is because they have simchat bais hashoava and allot of people come but on pasach no body is running there

    ReplyDelete
  2. B"H

    That's a pity.
    I had already been excited seeing the Mechitzot again.:-)

    But I heard that they also divided some streets in Bnei Brak (last Sukkot).

    ReplyDelete