Sunday, March 2, 2008

Who says "Men don't like to Gossip" ?

B"H

"Women are naive and gossip. They are not interested in higher Jewish studies because they are too busy cooking and gossiping".

Women know that this is not true but obviously men don't. The everlasting stereotype opinion about the woman's mind. Although it says in the Talmud that women have more "Binah - Understanding", never quote this Passuk to a men.

Of course men gossip and Chassidim are not an exception.
Since I started writing about haredi subjects, the men I am dealing with don't leave me alone asking their questions. I am talking here about Haredim and not the national religious. By the way, according to my experience the national religious are not much better.

So, what is a famous gossip subject of chassidic men ?
It goes without saying that you should never say too much against their own chassidic group. If you do dare, wait for their response. One justification after the other and if you are still not convinced, they proof to you that this actually is only gossip from another chassidic group.

Chassidim love to hear about other group's Rebbitzens.
Of course, the Rebbitzen of their own group is the greatest Zadekes you can ever imagine. She is intelligent, great, can cook, clean, represent, is full of Chesed, and don't ask what else.
The Rebbitzen of another group, on the other hand, is doubtful. She is generally less bright than the Rebbitzen of the own group. She cannot be because she is in a different group.

Many times, Chassidim cannot really figure out some of the Rebbitzens. Their wives don't necessarily go to other Tishes and I have been asked many times about different Rebbitzens.
"How is she?"
"Does she have a brain ?"

To me such questions are rather funny. How do I judge a Rebbitzen if she is bright or the opposite. Most Rebbitzens are surrounded by a female crowd and many times you don't even get near her. Of course, you can go up to the Toldot Aharon or Avraham Yitzchak Rebbitzen. By the way, the two of them are of very different character.

I am not a Rebbitzen's intelligence investigator and I let the Chassidim asking me know. So far, I have only spoken to the Kretchnifer Rebbitzen and I didn't think about finding out her IQ.

However, male Chassidim don't leave me alone with these questions and I cannot understand what they would gain from it. Just feeling more superior over another group ? Instead of inquiring about the Rebbitzen I wish they would more inquire about the Rebbe. The Rebbe is much more important to me. How much brain does he have ?

Men gossip but I am unable understanding their gossip point.

No comments:

Post a Comment