Friday, December 14, 2007

What's on tonight ?

B"H

Honestly I don't know what is on tonight. Whether there are chassidic Tishes and if so, which Rebbes are "performing".

The weather in Jerusalem is awful today. Sunny but very windy and cold. I hope that it won't be raining tonight when we go for the Shabbat dinner to Rabbi Mordechai Machlis.

The convenient thing on the way there is that I already pass the Toldot Aharon / Avraham Yitzchak neighbourhood, the Shivtei Israel Street. I know that we should go to more Maariv prayers in Mea Shearim on Shabbat but what keeps us a little away is that afterwards we have to wait another hour or so at the Machlises.
We already had this situation a few weeks ago when we went for Maariv to Karlin - Stolin.

Another "excuse" might be that the Toldot Aharon women have the custom, not to go to the synagogue on Friday nights. They only go for the Tish.
The women of Avraham Yitzchak, on the other hand, do participate in the Kabbalat Shabbat service but not many, I have to say.

I will let you know after Shabbat what and if something was going on. The one's of you living in New York probably have more to say then I do, as you have plenty of Tishes there. My friend and I have already thought about coming to NYC over Shabbat. :-)

Have a great Shabbes - Shabbat Shalom from Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment