Thursday, April 19, 2007

Vishnitz and others

B"H

Today I spoke to a few people who know the chassidic world and I was told that Vishnitz in Israel (Bnei Brak) is not as anti - zionistic as it maybe used to be.
Some time ago, they left the anti - zionistic organization (in Meah Shearim) Edah HaCharedit and switched to the Agudat Israel.
Obviously this took place due to financial reasons, as Vishnitz in Israel is not as rich as Satmar which is getting plenty of money from Williamsburgh.

The Agudah has its own Knesset party called Yahadut HaTorah and the Vishnitzer are being represented by Shmuel Halpert.


In approx. 2 - 3 weeks, I am going to publish a long article about the chassidic group Toldot Aharon and its two split - offs. Toldot Aharon is an extremely closed society and I was very fortunate to get plenty of books on their chassidut. Some books are written in Yiddish but I am fihting my way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment