Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The Seder

B"H

The first Pessach holiday is already over. At least for Israelis. We only have one Seder which is enough for us. I don't envy the Jews abroad having two Seders (Sedarim).
Anyway I had a great Seder together with Chassidut Gur. It was a nice and warm atmosphere and I am glad I went. The food was great and I think that I need a diet now. I asked the chassidim and learned that neither Gur nor Bobov have special customs or rules for Pessach. They do everything just as everybody else.
However, the best things are always their teachings and I would like to share two teachings / thoughts from last night.

In the Haggadah we read the word "Nitzak" - We cried out....
The Israelites cried out to G-d due to their sufferings in Egypt. Only then He helped them.
From there we can learn that also today we have to cry out to G-d. Whenever we have a problem we should first cry out to G-d, as only He can help us. Afterwards we can still think about different solutions solving the problem.

Another thought from the Gerer Chassid Rabbi Shalom Mark:
Pessach is the holiday of freedom. When the Jews came out of Egypt they first had to learn again how to use freedom in a proper way.
What about us today ? Do we use our freedom in a proper way ?

No comments:

Post a Comment